Protecting our Democracy and Ending Political Corruption
Texans deserve representatives who will fight against the special interest money flooding into our nation’s capital. That’s why Candace is not taking corporate PAC contributions.
The Citizens United ruling has created an imbalance of power in our democracy. This imbalance of power will continue until we pass comprehensive campaign finance reform that gives the power back to the people and seriously regulates lobbying so that corporations and campaign donors are not the loudest voices in the room when decisions are made.
In Congress, I will:
- Work to pass the For the People Act which will address voter access, election integrity, election security, political spending, and ethics for the three branches of government
- Push for comprehensive campaign finance reform, including banning dark money groups from influencing our elections
- Push for a constitutional amendment to overturn the Citizens United decision that legalized Super PACs.
- Ensure that all Texans can exercise their constitutional right to vote by pushing to restore the Voting Rights Act and opposing voter suppression efforts.
- Support efforts to end racial and partisan gerrymandering so politicians can no longer hand-pick their constituents
- Hold regular town hall meetings in the 24th district so constituents can ensure Candace is held accountable to her promises.